Backup and Business Disaster Recovery For Small Business Service Will Have Your Business Up and Running Within HOURS in the Event of a Server Crash.
In earlier days – we used to practice “Data Backups” to removable media – such as Tapes or USB Hard Drives. Today, with improvements in the Internet speeds and technologies in backup software – we are able to perform these backups to sites anywhere in the world, by sending your data in encrypted transfers through your Internet connection.
Today – we prefer to call this “BCDR” or Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery. It is no longer desireable to simply backup your critical data, but to capture the entire server image so that we can CONTINUE to perform business activities within the shortest time possible. With some tools we use to accomplish this – we are able to recover your server to a virtual server within about 2 hours from the time your catastrophic server failure.
Some features or advantages of our BCDR solutions are:
- Your files are automatically backed up locally with frequency as short as 1 hour intervals and then replicated every night over the Internet.
- No more buying expensive tapes or hard drives.
- No rotating and storing tapes, or hard drives – one important item off your to-do list.
- Your data is safe from fire, floods, theft, hardware malfunctions, and human error.
- You can back up ALL of your data and not be limited to the size of your tape or hard drive.
- Your financial records, client data, and files are sent to a dedicated backup server in your office and to an off-site secure data vault – without the hassle of risk of relying on staff to change tape / hard drives and take them off-site.
- In the event of a catastrophic failure with your server, we’ll respond immediately and in as little as two hours, the backup server takes the place of your main server while your main server is being repaired.
- In the event of permanent loss of your main server and backup server due to hardware failure, theft, fire or flood, a new backup server containing the most recent backed up data from the off-site backup centre would be delivered to you and installed within a few business days.
What if one of your staff intentionally or unintentionally deletes files?
Data is quickly restored from the backup server located on your premises. It’s possible to recover a file that was modified in the past few minutes! This is not possible with tape and hard drive backups.
What if your main server fails, crashes or is stolen?
Within 1 hour of our becoming aware of the event, we’ll respond to do what’s necessary to have the backup server take the place of your main server so your business gets back up and running quickly. This transfer can happen in one hour or less! Downtime then becomes a couple of hours instead of days while your main server is being repaired.
What if your main AND backup servers are destroyed by fire or flood, or are stolen?
A new backup server containing the most recent backed up data from the off-site backup centre would be delivered to you and installed within a few business days.